Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Inspirition with Smudgy Antics and Smeared Ink.

 
I decided to create an image transfer project for todays post.
 
To start I created a mixed media background using DecoArt Media fluid Acrylics. I then fired up photoshop and created my design using The Other Side of Fear Digi Set which is available at Smeared Ink. Once happy with my design I printed onto Neenah classic white cardstock and coloured with my copics. I then scanned the design and printed out using my laser printer as this was gong to be an image transfer. I then painted over the main image  with DecoArt Media tinting fluid ( 3 coats ) as I didn't want the main image to appear transparent on the media background. Once dry a coat of DecoArt Media Matte Medium was applied to the image transfer and left to dry. The mixed media background was also given a coat of the Matte Medium and left to dry also. Once dry the background was given a second coat of Matte Medium and whilst still wet the main image was applied to the background face down smoothed over with my fingers and then brayered to get a good adhesion and to remove any air bubbles that had formed. This was then left to dry overnight. Once dry the image was then soaked with water applied with a sponge and the paper rubbed off in a circular motion to reveal the image that had been transferred to the background. This was then mounted onto a box frame. A final coat of DecoArt Media Matte Varnish was then applied to seal and protect. You can find video instructions on this technique courtesy of Mr Andy Skinner on his blog.
 
 
Finished Project.
 
I hope you join in with our current Anything Goes challenge. The link is on the sidebar to your left.
 Looking forward to seeing what you create. Thanks for visiting today. Be sure to check back tomorrow for some more Inspiration from another designer.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! that's a lot of steps! (with fabulous results, I might add.) Truly gorgeous work! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful combo of all medias on this. Love the talent you have to do something so beautiful. Lots of 'coats' and image is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete